Contract troubles can interrupt the flow of normal business operations. They can take on a life of their own as owners and managers try to resolve problems and misunderstandings. A business’s financial health and integrity may be threatened when contract disputes get out of control. Troublesome contract disputes may involve:
- Employment contracts
- Commercial real estate contracts
- Raw materials purchase contracts
- Business partnership contracts (within a business or between businesses)
- Purchase orders and sales contracts
- Service contracts (such as for cleaning, delivery, installation or other services that a business may contract out)
- Shipping contracts
These are a sampling of many types of contracts that businesses often need to manage and fulfill. Disputes often arise because:
- One party claims the other did not fulfill terms of an agreement
- One party attempts to back out of an agreement
- Disruptions such as weather extremes, construction delays, financial failures and workforce epidemics leave an individual or business unable to fulfill pledged actions or payments
Complications such as subpoenas, bankruptcies and divorce court orders can make contract disputes challenging to address. Even straightforward breach of contract claims often have some unique factor that requires special handling.
Whether your business is a plaintiff or defendant in contract litigation, you need to have confidence in your attorney — and reassurance that your business’s interests will come first. Our team of lawyers at Kemp Jones, LLP in Las Vegas are equipped to protect your business while fighting for a just outcome through negotiations, mediation, arbitration or litigation.
Tell Us About Your Contract Dispute
Attorneys at our law firm are ready to help you prevent, mitigate or reverse losses that may result from a breach of contract claim — regardless of which side your business is on. Call 702-385-6000 or send an email inquiry to request a consultation.