Spencer H. Gunnerson
Partner | [email protected]
Spencer H. Gunnerson is a partner at Kemp Jones, LLP and conducts a litigation practice with an emphasis on commercial, real estate and title litigation. Spencer has successfully represented numerous large corporations, developers, title companies, banks, and individuals, both as plaintiffs and defendants. He has also actively participated in the litigation of wrongful death, product liability and appellate matters. Spencer has extensive experience in representing his clients in court and at mediation; and has successfully argued before the Nevada Supreme Court. As a result of his efforts to work at the highest levels of professional excellence, Spencer is the recipient of Martindale-Hubbell’s highest AV rating, and was recently recognized as a Best Lawyer in Commercial Litigation for 2021. Previously, he was named as a Super Lawyers Mountain States Rising Star and one of Nevada Business Magazine’s Best Up and Coming Attorneys.
As a graduate from the S.J. Quinney School of Law at the University of Utah, Spencer served as the Editor-in-Chief for the Journal of Law & Family Studies in 2002-2003. He is the author of two publications: Franco v. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: The Constitutionality of Clergy Malpractice Claims, JLFS, Vol. 4, No. 1; and Pitiful Plaintiffs: Child Welfare Litigation and Federal Courts, JLFS, Vol. 4, No. 2.
In addition to practicing law, Spencer enjoys spending time with his family, cycling, and serving in his church and in the community. In 2013, he served as the President of the Governing Board for a local charter school and seeks to be an active participant in education. Spencer is a member of the Clark County and Nevada Bar Associations, as well as the Nevada Justice Association.
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- The S.J. Quinney College of Law at The University of Utah, J.D., 2003
- Brigham Young University, A., 1999
HONORS AND AWARDS
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyer in Commercial Litigation, The Best Lawyers in America
- Best Up and Coming Attorneys, Nevada Business Magazine
- Super Lawyers, Mountain States Rising Stars
- Author: Franco v. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: The Constitutionality of Clergy Malpractice Claims, JLFS, Vol. 4, No. 1
- Author: Pitiful Plaintiffs: Child Welfare Litigation and Federal Courts, JLFS, Vol. 4, No. 2
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Nevada Bar Association, Member
- Nevada Justice Association, Member
- State Bar of Nevada