Nathanael R. Rulis is a partner at Kemp Jones, LLP and represents clients in a broad array of complex commercial litigation matters. In state and federal courts alike, Nate has led clients all the way through verdict at trial in varying types of business, cannabis, real estate, and commercial contract litigation matters. He has also represented various clients on appeals before the Nevada Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. In addition to his litigation practice, Nate also represents clients in the cannabis industry in administrative proceedings before the Nevada Cannabis Compliance Board.
Nate has received several awards for the number of pro bono hours he has donated for representing children placed in the Nevada foster care system through the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada’s Children’s Attorneys Project.
Nate earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in History, with a minor in Religion, from Pepperdine University, graduating cum laude. He then moved to Las Vegas and obtained his Juris Doctorate from the William S. Boyd School of Law. After graduating from law school, Nate served as a law clerk for the Honorable Kenneth C. Cory in the Eighth Judicial District Court. During his time as an attorney, Nate successfully completed the Georgetown University eDiscovery Training Academy.
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, J.D., 2008
- Pepperdine University, B.A. in History, cum laude, 2004
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- International Cannabis Bar Association, Sustaining Member
- Nevada Justice Association, Member
- State Bar of Nevada
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Judicial Law Clerk to Honorable Kenneth C. Cory, Eighth Judicial District Court Dept. I