Don Springmeyer is Of Counsel at Kemp Jones, LLP and leads teams of skilled trial attorneys focused on high damage complex and class action litigation. Springmeyer is a 4th generation Nevadan with a heritage in our state’s legal profession stretching back to his grandfather, George Springmeyer, who served as the United States Attorney for Nevada from 1922‐26.
Don was recognized as the first Trial Lawyer of the Year in 1997 by the Nevada Trial Lawyers Association for his pioneering work in Nevada in price‐fixing class actions. Don received a National Pro Bono Service award from Primerus Law Firms for his successful pro bono work representing breast cancer victims fighting for insurance coverage for their stem-cell treatments.
His accolades and awards continue to the present day, with perennial naming to multiple “Best Of” lists including class action attorneys, trial attorneys, and top 10% attorneys.
Recently, the Nevada Supreme Court appointed Springmeyer to the Nevada Rules of Civil Procedure Committee, tasked to review the rules and make recommendations on whether to update and how to revise the NRCP; he was selected Chairman of the Rule 23 Class Action subcommittee.
Don heads up fluid teams of trial attorneys and highly experienced paralegals which have recovered many tens of millions of dollars in verdicts, judgments, and settlements for their clients, and achieved notable appellate victories establishing the rights of their clients.
He has been AV® Pre‐eminent Peer Review Rated through Martindale‐Hubble for over 30 years.
- State Bar of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School, Madison, Wisconsin, J.D., cum laude, 1979
- Abraham Sigman Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy
- Member Regional Champion Team, ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Yale, New Haven, Connecticut, B.A. in Political Science, cum laude with Special Honors in Political Science, 1976
OTHER NOTABLE PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Judicial Law Clerk to Honorable Senior Judge Bruce R. Thompson, U.S. District Court, District of Nevada