Madison P. Zornes-Vela
Associate | [email protected]
Madison P. Zornes-Vela represents clients in a wide variety of civil and commercial litigation matters, including class actions, and business, real estate, and commercial contract disputes, at both the trial and appellate levels. She has been named a Mountain States Rising Star by Super Lawyers.
Madison has written articles for Communiqué and the Young Lawyers Section of the State Bar of Nevada Newsletter. She also enjoys litigating pro bono matters and has received awards for the number of hours donated. Her pro bono cases have included advocating on behalf of abused and neglected children placed in foster care and assisting in prosecuting a class action on behalf of more than 10,000 payday loan customers.
Madison earned her undergraduate degree in Biomedical Science from Texas A&M University and graduated summa cum laude from the William S. Boyd School of Law. While in law school, Madison served as the Managing Editor of the UNLV Gaming Law Journal and Vice President of the Society of Advocates, Boyd’s Moot Court Competition Team. Madison’s student note, The New Table Game Craze: The Gamble May Pay Off but Many Inventors Should Be Wary to Put All Their Cards on the Table, was chosen for publication in the Fall 2013 edition of the UNLV Gaming Law Journal. 4 UNLV GAMING L.J. 219 (2013). Prior to joining Kemp Jones, LLP, Madison was a law clerk for the Honorable Elissa F. Cadish at the Eighth Judicial District Court.
Madison is admitted to practice in Nevada state and federal courts. She is a member of the Clark County Bar Association and the Young Lawyers Section of the State Bar of Nevada.
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, J.D., summa cum laude, 2014
- Texas A & M University, B.S. in Biomedical Science, 2007
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Mountain States Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2021
- Pro Bono Project, 100 Hour Club, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, 2017
- Pro Bono Project, 50 Hour Club, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Author, “The Recent Rise in Table Game Invention Fever: The Gamble May Pay Off But Many Inventors Should Be Wary to Put All Their Cards on the Table,” 5 UNLV Gaming L. J. 219 (Fall 2013).
- Author, Pro Bono Corner, Communiqué, Dec. 2016.
- Author, “Finding the Excitement in Discovery,” State Bar of Nevada Young Lawyers Section, YLS Newsletter, Summer 2016.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Nevada, Member