Mona Kaveh practices primarily in the area of complex commercial litigation. Mona has successfully litigated several cases on behalf of her clients, from obtaining monetary judgments in their favor to defending them against claims that sought damages in the multi-millions. Based upon her exceptional advocacy and legal accomplishments, she has been named one of America’s Top 100 Attorneys, a lifetime achievement award given to less than one-half percent of attorneys in the United States. Mona also dedicates a portion of her practice to pro bono legal services. She is actively involved with the Children’s Attorneys Project through the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, where she represents abused and neglected children who are placed in foster care. Due to her commitment to the program, Mona has received several awards for her pro bono hours and has been nominated by the organization as a “pro bono master.” In 2017, she received the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada’s prestigious Myrna Williams Children’s Pro Bono Award for her inspirational and zealous advocacy on behalf of abused and neglected children and, in 2018, she received the highest award of Pro Bono Attorney of the Year.
Mona was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. She obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism and Media Studies with a Criminal Justice minor from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas on a full-tuition scholarship. Mona graduated early with an Honors diploma and a magna cum laude designation. She obtained her Juris Doctorate degree from the William S. Boyd School of Law. Throughout law school, Mona worked at a criminal defense and civil litigation law firm, while simultaneously volunteering her time with the Kids Court School, Street Law Program, the Law School’s Mentorship Program, and the Partners in Pro Bono Program. She also served as an extern with the Children’s Attorneys Project at the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, as well as with the Honorable James M. Bixler at the Eighth Judicial District Court.
Mona is admitted to practice law before the state and federal courts of Nevada, the state courts of California, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States. She is a member of the American Bar Association, the Clark County Bar Association, and the Young Lawyers Section of the State Bar of Nevada. Mona is also a 2018 graduate of Leadership Las Vegas, a premier community leadership program offered by the Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce for professionals who want to make a positive impact in the community.
- William S. Boyd School of Law, J.D., 2009
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, B.A., magna cum laude, 2005
Bar and Court Admission:
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- Author, Thank you!, Communiqué, Feb. 2019
- Graduate, Leadership Las Vegas, Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce, 2018
- Speaker, Find it Free and Fast on the Net: Strategies for Legal Research on the Web, Government Internet Resources: Federal State and Local, Dec. 2015
- Author, Building a Child (And Yourself), Communiqué, Oct. 2014
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, Young Lawyers Section of the State Bar of Nevada
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, 2018
- Pro Bono Project, 100 Hour Club, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, 2017-2018
- Myrna Williams Children’s Pro Bono Award, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, 2017
- Nominated by the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada as a “Pro Bono Master,” 2017
- Named One of America’s Top 100 Attorneys, 2017
- Pro Bono Project, 50 Hour Club, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, 2013-2016