Alysa M. Grimes
Associate | [email protected]
Alysa M. Grimes represents clients in a wide variety of civil and commercial litigation matters, including class actions, personal injury, business, and commercial contract disputes.
Alysa grew up in the “Quad Cities” in Moline, Illinois. She earned her undergraduate degree in Liberal Arts & Sciences with a minor in Psychology from Western Illinois University. Alysa then graduated cum laude and with highest pro bono honors from the William S. Boyd School of Law.
While in law school, Alysa served as the Nevada Law Editor of the UNLV Nevada Law Journal and Vice President of the Society of Advocates, Boyd’s Moot Court Competition Team. Alysa also co-authored the White Paper, The Elephant in Nevada’s Hotel Rooms: Social Consumption of Recreational Marijuana, A Survey of Law, Issues, and Solutions, which was published on the Nevada Law Journal Forum. 2 Nev. L.J. Forum 99 (2018). Alysa was awarded Pro Bono Law Student of the Year from Nevada Legal Services in 2017, and spent extensive hours preparing children to testify in court with the Kids’ Court School. Prior to joining Kemp Jones, LLP, Alysa was a law clerk for the Honorable Abbi Silver at the Nevada Supreme Court and the Honorable Bonnie A. Bulla at the Nevada Court of Appeals.
Alysa is admitted to practice in Nevada state and federal courts and in Washington state courts. She is a member of the Clark County Bar Association.
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- State Courts of Washington
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, J.D., cum laude, 2018
- Western Illinois University, B.A. in Liberal Arts & Sciences, 2013
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Dean’s Award for Special Contributions to the Law School, 2018
- Public Interest Fellow, 2016-2018
- Pro Bono Law Student of the Year, Nevada Legal Services, 2017
- Cali Award Federal Indian Law and Juvenile Justice, 2017
- Co-Author, “The Elephant in Nevada’s Hotel Rooms: Social Consumption of Recreational Marijuana, A Survey of Law, Issues, and Solutions,” 2 Nev. L.J. Forum 99 (2018).
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member