Mark Jones is one of Nevada’s preeminent business litigators and was recognized in The Best Lawyers in America ‑ 2014 (Commercial Litigation). A recipient of Martindale‑Hubbell’s highest AV rating, Mark has litigated well over two thousand cases. He has also been recognized by his peers through Super Lawyers as one of the best business litigation attorneys in Nevada the past 10 years running.
Inducted as a Colleague of the Nevada Law Foundation in 2006, Mark has represented both local businesses and Fortune 500 companies, including Las Vegas Sands Corp., First American Title Insurance Company, Stephens Media, LLC, the Thomas & Mack Companies, Switch, Ltd., and numerous banks and financial institutions through all levels of the justice system including mediation, arbitration, trial, and appeal. He is widely respected in the fields of real estate, banking, and construction litigation.
A native Las Vegan and a 1983 graduate of California Western School of Law, Mark has served on the Thomas & Mack Legal Clinic Advisory Board for the University of Nevada Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law since 2008 and was a contributing author for Pratts State By State Debt Collections (2008). Mark is a member of the American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA) and the Nevada Justice Association (formerly NTLA) and ran a successful individual practice before joining the firm in 2006.
- California Western School of Law, J.D., 1983
- University of Nevada at Reno, B.A., 1980
Bar and Court Admission:
- Nevada, 1983
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- Clark County and American Bar Associations
- State Bar of Nevada
- American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA)
- Nevada Justice Association (formerly NTLA)
- Listed in 2014 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation)
- Listed in Super Lawyers (Business Litigation)
- Listed in Top Lawyers